At Cedar Lake Ministries, we have the privilege of being the hands and feet of God by serving 10,000 guests each year. With all the many blessings that come from that, there can be challenges. And when it rains, it pours …
“When it rains it pours” is a saying I remember hearing as I grew up. I was thinking today of how pessimistic that comment can be—especially if used too often. Personally, I try to avoid grumbling, complaining, or a “woe is me” attitude. But sometimes, it does appear as though seemingly negative things in life come all at once. I was recently reminded of this when the following happened at CLM in a short period of time.
- One of our staff member’s spouses had serious health concerns.
- The freezer in the dining hall kitchen went out which led to $8,000 in unexpected repairs.
- We connected with campers who come from recently broken homes.
During this time the Lord spoke to me through the following verse: “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.” John 14:1 NLT In this faith journey, we will have troubles, sudden illnesses, unexpected financial challenges, and burdensome conflicts. What can we do during these difficult times? We can place all these situations in the Lord’s hands (1 Peter 5:8) and ask others for help.
Here is my ask for help.
- I am pleased to report the staff’s spouse with the serious medical concern turned out better than initially diagnosed. Will you please pause now and give thanks to the Lord? Will you make it a point to pray for God’s spiritual, emotional, and physical protection upon the staff at CLM?
- Will you help CLM offset the unexpected costs associated with our freezer breaking? Would you join in God’s work here by sending in a gift to help carry this unexpected burden.
- Please pray for wisdom for the CLM staff to make courageous decisions when faced with difficult matters with guests.
With a thankful heart,